How to make French toast?
Making French toast is a delicious and straightforward process. Here’s a simple recipe to guide you:
- 4 slices of bread (thick slices, such as brioche or Texas toast, work well)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Butter or cooking spray for greasing the pan
- Maple syrup, fresh fruit, or powdered sugar for serving (optional)
- In a shallow bowl or dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon (if using). Ensure that the mixture is well combined.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add a small amount of butter or use cooking spray to grease the surface.
- Dip one slice of bread into the egg mixture, coating both sides evenly. Allow any excess egg mixture to drip off.
- Place the coated bread slice onto the preheated skillet or griddle. Repeat this process with the remaining slices of bread, ensuring not to overcrowd the cooking surface.
- Cook each slice of bread for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy. Flip the bread slices using a spatula to cook both sides evenly.
- Once cooked, transfer the French toast to a plate and repeat the process with the remaining slices.
- Serve the French toast warm with your choice of toppings such as maple syrup, fresh fruit, or a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
Enjoy your homemade French toast!
Note: Feel free to customize your French toast by adding other flavors such as nutmeg or orange zest to the egg mixture, or by using different types of bread. Additionally, you can keep the cooked slices warm in a low-temperature oven while you finish cooking the remaining slices.